TPFF received vital early funding from The co-operative, our primary sponsor for the first three years of TPFF’s life (2009-2012). The documentary film genre is a powerful tool in informing and engaging the general public and politicians alike on important issues that affect us all. Yet, funding for such projects is difficult to obtain and many important stories remain untold. For this reason, The co-operative supported Tipping Point Film Fund – combining the power of films and campaigning.
The Co-operative Group encourages customers to Join The Revolution as it announces the most radical sustainability programme in UK corporate history that will spearhead its membership drive and help build a more sustainable economy.
Among the groundbreaking pledges in The Co-operative’s new Ethical Operating Plan are:
- the toughest operational carbon reduction targets of any major business, and the deployment of £1billion of green energy finance by 2013
- the most radical Fairtrade conversion programme ever undertaken
- the world’s first ethically screened general insurance products
- a three-fold increase in membership from 6 million to 20 million by 2020
- significantly enhanced funding for co-operative enterprises and schools
Find Out More!
Dirty Oil, H2Oil and Petropolis
These Co-op supported films look at the issue of Tar Sands. Watch the DVDs and support the current Co-op/WWF UK petition to stop Toxic Fuels and Tar Sands coming into Europe. The SAY NO petition will be delivered to the EU in the spring – take part in the campaign here.
Other film projects supported by The Co-operative: